About this Site
I am not a consultant or a lawyer. Nothing here is legal advice. I have no contacts in or influence over the Canadian government and I cannot represent you nor intervene on your behalf. The only thing I do with any authority is nag my husband and kids and they ignore me anyway and so do the pets.
What I can do.:
What I can't/won't do: I have been asked to do all of the following over the course of the past thirteen years. Apologies in advance if I sound a bit grumpy but I have been scolded and berated for not doing these things.
- I am happy to answer any question you may have about our experience of the process.
- I am happy to assit finding information on the goverment site(s) etc. if I am able to.
- I am happy to answer any questions about how life compares with other countries I have lived in or visited.
- I am happy sympathise with you as you go through the stressful process of deciding whether to apply and if you do, wish you luck and happiness.
- I will not send you a letter of sponsorship or invitation; nor a job offer.
- I will not pick you up from the airport; house you or support you in any way when you arrive in Canada; go down to the immigration office and pick up forms or send you newspapers.
- I do not want to go into business with you.
- I do not guarantee that I will keep this site up to date. This is done on a voluntary basis, I make no money from it and I get to it when I can. Yes I know, the design and coding is very basic. That is deliberate. The target audience do not always have access to state-of-the-art computers.
- If you have any doubts at all about anything in your immigration situation you should get proper advice from the Canadian government and/or a lawyer or recognised consultant. Before committing to any agreement with an immigration lawyer, consultant or job broker I strongly recommend that you check out the Canadian Immigration Department Fraud Warning page.
- (I love this one! I really have been asked this...) I cannot help you get tickets to Ascot races or the Queen's Garden Parties.
- Last but by no means least; some years ago I started to receive e-mails from people in the middle east and some of the ex-Soviet Union countries saying they had purchased my CD for $20 and either a) could they get an updated version or b) it did not play properly. Apparently some enterprising soul had taken the entire site, made disks out of it and sold them. T'was not me! so I can't give you your twenty bucks back and I can't give you a new CD. LOL
Back to Immigration Home Page
Copyright © 1995-2012 Carolyn, firstname.lastname@example.org